Registration for 2020 Sharks Swim Team - TBD, sometime in April
Most swimmers must be 18 or younger on May 31, 2020.
However, new JSSL rules now allow Gr. 12 students to swim their last year in high school as long as they are 19 or younger on May 31, 2020.
To register for Sharks swim team you need to:
- Register in Swimtopia.
- Bring two signed liability waivers, one for CHSRC and one for JSSL (our league). (Multiple swimmers can be listed on the same waiver.)
- Bring a check for registration fees.
- Volunteer for 2 Socials.
- Volunteer for 5 shifts at the swim meets (this will open in early May).
Waivers and check MUST be turned in before swimmers attend practices or meets.
- Click the "Registration" link under the Home tab.
- Fill in your information.
Links to Waivers:
- Print and fill out these two waivers:
Turn in Waivers and Checks:
- Write a check payable to “CHSRC” for the amount you owe. Write swimmer's name in Memo line of check.
- Put waivers and check in an envelope (or staple them together) and turn in to the club office, and email Sharks Registrar Trelawney Pereira (CHRegForm@gmail.com) with "Registration for swimmer's_last_name" in the Subject line, so she knows you've turned in paperwork/check.
Registration Fees (based on grade in current school year ending in May/June):
- Grade 8 and below: $250 each for first two swimmers, $225 for 3rd swimmer, $200 for 4th.
- Grades 9-11: $150
- Grade 12 and above: Free!
- All registered swimmers receive a Sharks t-shirt
Teen Workers: Swimmers grade 9 and above may work at swim meets if shifts are available. Teens may work clerk of the course, concessions, ribbons, and set up/tear down for $25/shift. If your teen swimmer is interested, enter swimmer’s email and cell number during registration.
Volunteering for Socials and Meets: Family participation is essential to running a successful swim team. Without your help, we would not be able to run meets or provide fun socials for the kids. Volunteering is a great way to get to know other families and create a sense of community that lasts for years.
Each family is required to work:
- Practice Meet
- 5 shifts total during any of the 5 dual swim meets. (Each meet has two shifts.)
- 2 Socials
- One shift at Champs (if you have a swimmer participating).
If you do not sign up for all 5 dual meet shifts, or you miss or do not complete your shift without finding a replacement, you will be charged $60 per shift in your Sept. quarterly statement. You can work more than one shift per meet if you won't be at every meet.
If you do not fulfill your volunteer requirement for two Socials, you will be charged $50 per Social in your Sept. quarterly statement.
Note: If ALL swimmers in your family are grade 12 and above, working at socials and meets is optional, but we would love your help.
Swim Meet Buyout: Sometimes there are special circumstances that prevent families from fulfilling their swim meet volunteer obligations. In those cases, families may buy out of working at the 5 dual meet shifts and two Socials for $250. Your family is still responsible for fulfilling its volunteer requirements for Practice Meet and Champs (if your swimmer is participating).